The Lake Placid Resort offers 45 holes of spectacular golf in the heart of the Adirondacks. It was designed in 1909 by the renowned Scottish architect Seymour Dunn. Dunn remained true to his origins, and the Links course represents Scottish Links style golf at its best with bunker- laiden fairways, native fescue, and large undulating greens.
The Mountain course was laid out in 1910 by Alexander H. Findlay who immigrated to the U.S. from Scotland in the early 1880's and became one of the pioneers of golf in America. In 1931 the course was remodeled by Alister MacKenzie, designer of AUGUSTA NATIONAL - home of "The Masters". With smaller greens and more tree-lined fairways, this course begs for the straight shot. The engaging design takes full advantage of the scenic vistas and will appeal to players of all levels. It is quite simply the essence of "mountain golf".
Discounts for greens fees for the Mountain Course are available to all Guests of the Lake Placid Club Lodges.
Mirror Lake Beach
Swimming on Mirror Lake
Guests at the Lake Placid Club Lodges are welcome at the Lake Placid Resort Beach on Mirror Lake Drive. This private beach, adjacent to our Lodges, offers excellent swimming in the clear blue waters of Mirror Lake and provides an interesting view of the Village of Lake Placid.
Inside the Beach House is the Boat House Restaurant, a full service restaurant and bar.
The Fitness Revolution
The Facility and programs are available to guests during their stay with us at no charge.
Cardio-fitness training: State-of-the-art CYBEX cardiovascular machines for endurance building and weight management. Treadmills, bicycles, ellipticals, steppers, and rowing machines.
Strength training: Free weights for toning or building muscle and reshaping your body.
Exercise studios: Our group fitness classes include step aerobics, spinning, and abs.
Professional health & fitness services: Our staff provides beginner programs, personal training, nutrition counseling and more.
Locker rooms: Spacious locker/shower facilities with dry sauna for deep relaxation and revitalization.
Conveniences: Tanning booths, smoothie bar, cozy lounge with fireplace, and pro shop.
* Free use of the Lake Placid Resort Tennis Complex is available to our Guests.
* Weekly Movie Day for the youngsters in our Algonquin Lodge. Check with the front desk for date and time, since we try to schedule Movie Day with an eye on the local weather forecast.
* Discounted downhill tickets for Whiteface Mountain are available in the Algonquin Lodge. These discounts are especially significant for multi-day tickets, therefore be sure to stop by and get your voucher.
* Discounted horseback riding and lessons at Emerald Springs Ranch, Saranac Lake. . * Access to the Lake Placid Resort Cross Country Ski Center, adjacent to our property. Use of the facility and groomed trails is available, at no charge, to our Guests. Simply show your Lake Placid Club Lodges Amenities Card.
* Various restaurants in town offer discounts to guests showing their Lake Placid Club Lodges Card.
Local Activities The Lake Placid region offers a wide range of outdoor activites, some as observer and others as an an active participant. Information of current happenings can be found by clicking on the following: